Friday 6 May 2011

Miso.

When thinking about paper art I immediately thought of the works of Melbourne artist, Miso. I particularly love Miso's paste-ups, which I remember seeing her create in an ABC doco on her and Ghostpatrol a few years ago. Here it is on Youtube.
Miso's work is interesting in the way it relates to the environment it is placed in.
This is something I want to think about for the paper object I create.



I like following Miso's practise, since she lives and works with her partner, Ghostpatrol, and they are both pretty prolific artists. And because their works can be seen in the streets. Here is Miso's blog, City of Reubens.


Miso's work is also an example of how something like a drawing can be translated into a bigger material and presented in a way that might have more impact than just a framed print. Perhaps I can use my own drawings for the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment