Wednesday 4 May 2011

Paper art.

I decided to start researching ideas for the second project, with a highly intelligent starting point - good old google searching.
'Paper art' had some interesting results:




I found that there are hundreds of blogs, sites and artists out there devoted to paper art. 
This site, Web Designer Depot, was a good resource. A lot of the work is the kind that is painstakingly created with a scalpel. Luckily, that part will be left to the laser cutter for me.


I searched 'laser cut paper' next, for an idea of what the laser cutter can do:


This one is pretty amazing! It's so intricate.


Finally I searched 'art installation paper' to see how this sort of thing can be presented:




Eventually I had come across a few artists worth looking into: Jen Stark, Bovey Lee, Peter Callesen. I'm going to look further into their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment