Thursday 24 March 2011

Mystery and Melancholy of a Street.

Running on from the whole childhood idea, I thought of this painting.
I couldn't remember name, but roughly pictured it, and was asking everyone if they knew what I meant! I tried countless Google searches, and from the four words I provided her with, 'painter girl hoop spanish', my little sister managed to find it. Huh.
Anyway this is the image:
Giorgio De Chirico, Mystery and Melancholy of a Street, 1914
So the elements that I wanted to take from this image are the shadows, the perspective, the architecture, the slant/angles that give an eerie feeling, etc.
It's given me the idea to create some kind of maze like image.
I'm going to play around in photoshop with some doorways and different angles and see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment